Free rice ATMs installed in Vietnam
Monday 22nd June, 2020
1.1 - Vocabulary and pronunciation - Flashcards
Here is all the key vocabulary that you need for this week. Go through the flashcards and click the term to hear my pronunciation. Flip the card for the definition.
1.2 - Vocabulary and pronunciation - Learn
Work your way through the cards and questions twice to finish.
1.3 - Vocabulary and pronunciation - Game
Sign in and match the terms with their definitions as quickly as you can
2.1 - Pronunciation practice
1) Individual phonemic transcription of each word.
|an entrepreneur||ən ˌɒntrəprəˈnɜː|
|come up with||kʌm ʌp wɪð|
|a cashpoint||ə ˈkæʃpɔɪnt|
|an ATM||ən eɪ-tiː-ɛm|
|a sponsor||ə ˈspɒnsə|
|a donor||ə ˈdəʊnə|
|appreciative of||əˈpriːʃətɪv ɒv|
|check out||ʧɛk aʊt|
2.2 - Listen and say these terms out loud
2.3 - Record your audio and send to WhatsApp
Feedback students send your audio/video to your teacher.
If you are receiving feedback on your pronunciation, now is the time to record your audio/video of the following terms. Send them to Dan and Alex now.
1) A Vietnamese entrepreneur.
2) He has come up with an ingenious idea.
3) An ATM is also called a cashpoint.
4) They dispense rice not money.
5) He was troubled by the situation.
6) Their livelihoods have been lost.
7) Sponsors and donors have helped.
8) We need to curb our spending. We spend too much money.
9) You can withdraw rice not money.
10) People from Vietnam are called Vietnamese.
11) You need to install the update.
Super! Well done, everyone.
Make sure you send me your work if you're receiving feedback.