UK colleges told to tell the truth about online lessons
Monday 25th May, 2020
1.1 - Vocabulary and pronunciation - Flashcards
Here is all the key vocabulary that you need for this week. Go through the flashcards and click the term to hear my pronunciation.
1.2 - Vocabulary and pronunciation - Game
(Sign in and be as fast as you can)
1.3 - Vocabulary and pronunciation - Spelling test
Now check how well you focussed on the task. See how your spelling is. You can go back and check the flashcards, if you need!
1.4 - Pronunciation practice
If you are receiving feedback on your pronunciation, now is the time to record your audio/video of the following terms. Send them to Dan and Alex now.
Transcript of each word
regulatory == ˈrɛgjʊleɪt(ə)ri,
Look after == lʊk ˈɑːftə
Affairs == əˈfeəz
Issue == ˈɪʃuː
An institution == ən ˌɪnstɪˈtjuːʃən
Proficiency == prəˈfɪʃənsi
Exploit == ˈɛksplɔɪt
Replicate == ˈrɛplɪkeɪt
Tailor == ˈteɪlə
a college == ə ˈkɒlɪʤ
autumn == ˈɔːtəm
An experience == ən ɪksˈpɪərɪəns
Clarity == ˈklærɪti
Accept an offer == əkˈsɛpt ən ˈɒfə
Robust == rəʊˈbʌst
1) The regulatory body in the UK looks after student affairs.
2) Autumn is my least favourite month.
3) Honest feedback is important.
4) The council issued a fine.
5) Institutions worldwide don’t know how to exploit technology.
6) The proficiency of teachers isn’t the best.
7) Trying to replicate a college classroom is not easy.
8) A tailored approach is needed.
9) Clarity is needed before accepting an offer.
10) The quality of teaching must be robust.
Super! Well done, everyone.
Make sure you send me your work if you're receiving feedback.